送给自己的一番话 ...
Living Life Fully
"I have made a great discovery.
What I love belongs to me. Not the chairs and tables in my house, but the masterpieces of the world.
It is only a question of loving them enough."
-- Elizabeth Asquith Bibesco
We get so embroiled with possessions. We find ourselves feeling that we need to own places, persons, and things. we try to possess our lives, and we believe that we can. We need to learn from the butterfly that alights on our hand. If we watch it and admire it, as it chooses to stay for a while, we are blessed with its beauty. If we try to hold onto it, we will kill it. It is in the not trying to possess that we have. Imagine what it really means that we can have all the treasures of the world - not to own, but to appreciate, to enjoy ... to live with.
Am I capable of loving so much that I am able to appreciate that which I do not possess? I hope so.
1 comment:
Love is not limit by anything, when you feel there is a limit, that's because you are not willing to love, not because it has a limit.
Post a Comment